Happy New Year from Kia Motors! December 31st, 2011
We at Kia Motors would like to wish all of you a very happy New Year!
2011 has been a great year for Kia Motors, and though it’s hard to sum up in a humble blog post, here’s are some key highlights, which wouldn’t have been possible without the support and interest of our Kia fans:
Kia Motors saw a 23 percent increase in global sales from 2010. This year, we introduced models like the all-new Picanto, all-new Rio and the refreshed 2012 Soul. In addition, the Naimo electric concept was unveiled in Seoul, delivering a new kind of style and sophistication through innovative design.
- Our nail art animation video for the all-new Picanto was viewed over 5 million times and earned praise and thumbs up from top auto media
- The all-new Rio joined the ranks of one of our top best selling cars overseas.
- Kia’s loveable hamsters returned in their 2012 Kia Soul to bring peace to battling robots through the power of “Party Rock.” Their shuffle dance moves saw over 11 million views on YouTube and earned notable ad and viral video awards.
The awards kept rolling in this year for Kia Motors.
- Sportage CUV and Optima sedan won Red Dot Awards.
- New 1.6-liter Gasoline Direct-Injection engine was named to Ward’s 2012 “10 Best Engines”.
- Chief Design Officer, Peter Schreyer, was unanimously selected as 2012’s “Man of the Year” by Automobile Magazine.
- Peter Schreyer was also listed as one of the “Men of the Year” by Top Gear Magazine. In the same issue, the Picanto was named “Bargain of the Year.”
- Kia Vehicles were recognized as Consumers Digest “Best Buys”
- Kia was one of the main winners in the first-ever Automotive Brand Contest.
Kia also made its mark in the racing world. In April, Kia achieved its first-ever racing victory with the No. 10 Infinity Audio Kia at the GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge.
Kia drivers Nic Jönsson and Michael Galati took the top of the podium again at Road America.
To thank all our fans for being such a huge part of Kia’s success, we’ve compiled a year end greeting video from our employees around the world.
At the end of each message, you’ll hear “I Like Kia!” As many of you know, Kia Motors launched the “Inspired by What You Like. Kia, the Power to Surprise” campaign. It’s still happening so be sure to check it out on our Facebook fan page!
Happy New Year and see you all in 2012 for another great year!