Corporate / Events
YouTube Music Awards Voting Opens Today October 22nd, 2013
As our fans may already be aware, Kia will be the exclusive presenting sponsor of the first ever YouTube Music Awards. With less than two weeks away until the awards, YouTube has reached out to the fans around the world to help them determine the songs and artists to be honored on November 3, 2013.
The six nomination categories and nominees for this year’s YouTube Music Awards are as follows:
1. Video of the Year: Honoring the world’s most loved music videos, these nominees represent the videos with the most fan engagement on YouTube over the last year.
– Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney. Epic Rap Battles Of History
– Demi Lovato Heart Attack
– Girls’ Generation I Got A Boy
– Justin Bieber (feat. Nicki Minaj) Beauty And A Beat
– Lady Gaga Applause
– Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (feat. Mary Lambert) Same Love
– Miley Cyrus We Can’t Stop
– One Direction Best Song Ever
– PSY Gentleman
– Selena Gomez Come & Get It
2. Artist of the Year: Honoring the acts YouTube fans have made stars, nominees represent the most watched, shared, liked, and subscribed to artists on YouTube
Epic Rap Battles
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
3. YouTube Phenomenon: Recognizing the YouTube trends the world could not escape from, nominees are based on the phenomena that generated the most fan videos.
– Gangnam Style
– Harlem Shake
– I Knew You Were Trouble
– Thrift Shop
4. YouTube Breakthrough: Honoring the music world’s breakout new acts, nominees represent the artists who experienced the biggest growth in views and subscribers.
– Kendrick Lamar
– Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
– Naughty Boy
5. Innovation: Recognizing the creativity of music videos on YouTube, these nominees were selected by an international panel of artists to represent the most creative and innovative music videos on YouTube.
– Anamanaguchi ENDLESS FANTASY
– Atoms For Peace Ingenue
– Bat For Lashes Lilies
– DeStorm See Me Standing
– Toro Y Moi “Say That”
6. Kia Special Award- Response of the Year: Honoring the best fan remix, parody or response video, these nominees represent the top “unofficial” fan videos on YouTube based on your views, shares and other activity.
Boyce Avenue (feat. Fifth Harmony) Mirrors
Jayesslee Gangnam Style
Lindsey Stirling and Pentatonix Radioactive
ThePianoGuys Titanium / Pavane
Walk Off the Earth (feat. KRNFX) I Knew You Were Trouble
Head over to http://music.kia.com/youtubemusicawards/worldwide/en/ to the watch the nomination videos and cast your vote. Voting will begin October 21 until Saturday, November 2nd so hurry and get your votes in!
Stay tuned for more information on Kia Buzz!